You can now install Kodi on Smart TVs that have the Android
operating system built right into the TV from Sony. The obvious advantage is that you don’t need a separate Kodi box for your TV and you still get a Smart TV with Android OS compatibility.
The Sony XBR Series comes with the Android TV OS built right into the device. The TV itself boasts some great features:
Sony XBR Smart TV Features
- Full 4K HDR video
- 120Hz refresh rate
- Non-4K HDR Remaster
- Full-Array Local Booster and Dimming
- TRILUMINOS display with vibrant colours and smooth gradiations
- Motionflow for better fast-moving action
Sony Android TV Features
- Android 5 pre-installed
- Google Play Store pre-installed
- 2gb RAM
- 16gb ROM
- Voice control remote.
How to Install Kodi on Smart TV With Android OS
- Launch the Android OS by clicking on the logo on your TV remote.
- From the Android main menu, click on the Google Play Store. Sign in with your google account if you aren’t already logged in.
- Search for Kodi using the search bar.
- Click on the Kodi icon and then click on Install. You may have to accept a warning that Kodi will alter your operating system.
- That’s it! After install, the Kodi icon will be available on your Android home screen.
Check out my other Kodi posts, you never know, you may find something of interest.